Kenmin no Mori Onsen is located within the Forest Park Adatara, this onsen has an open-air bath and a sauna. Forest Park Adatara is situated at the base of Mt. Adatara, surrounded by the richness of nature. From the windows of cottages and fixed caravans, you can enjoy the different scenery of the four seasons. Tent sites are spacious, letting visitors enjoy their privacy.
The Park is spread over forty hectares of forest and features facilities for every type of camper. Able to accommodate eight hundred people at full capacity, the ground contains one hundred and seventy camp sites including space for twenty caravans and forty three tent sites for large groups. Each camp site is encircled by trees in order to maintain the privacy of campers, and dotted around the grounds are five satellite houses featuring shower, toilet, washing and cooking facilities and vending machines.
For campers preferring to enjoy nature in more luxurious surroundings than a tent, Forest Park Adatara also features ten trailer houses that can sleep up to six people and twenty cottages of various sizes. The trailer houses measure approximately ten metres in length and feature all the comforts of a hotel including a television, telephone, refrigerator, microwave oven, shower, toilet and even air conditioning.
Forest Park Adatara also has a hot spring, and its unusual water quality gives smooth skin, making it popular with women. In winter, you can enjoy viewing the snowscape from the open-air bath.
- Municipality: Otama Village
- Parking: Available
- Character of Spa: Public hot spring
- Kind of hot spring: Sodium bicarbonate
- Effects: Incised wound, Skin problems, External wounds, Body recovery.
- Number of hotels: Auto camp space 180 cite, 800 persons
- Room charge: 5 person cottages Yen 17,850, 7 person cottages Yen 22,050, tent sites Yen 1,575, tent rental available
- Check in/out: Tent sites: check in/out 13:00/11:00. Cottages and caravans: check in/out 15:00/10:00.
- Bath styles: Separate male and female baths (indoor bath, open-air bath)
- Location: Aza Nagakubo 68, Tamanoi, Otama Village (Otama-mura), Adachi District (Adachi-gun), Fukushima Prefecture 969-1302, Japan [Latitude: 37.580909, Longitude: 140.328712]
- Access: 20 minute drive from Tohoku Expressway Motomiya IC or Nihonmatsu IC. JR Tohoku Line Motomiya Station.
- Reference: Forest Park Adatara, TEL: (0243)48-2040 to book by phone(9:00 to 17:00), FAX (0243)68-2060, Online Booking is available, Website: http://fpadatara.com/