Oze, Mt. Aizu-Komagatake and Lake Oku-tadami are all nearby.
There are three mountaineering routes that can be negotiated on this mountain: the Takizawa Route and the Kirinte Route from Hinoemata Village and a route that traces a path from Miike through the mountain ridge to the summit.
The two routes that start in Hinoemata Village go through various forest zones corresponding to elevation, with a Quercus crispula Blume (oak) zone near the bottom, followed by—in succession—a beech zone, Maries’ fir zone, and gold birch zone. These routes allow climbers to explore forests that lead to the presence of alpine plants right below the ridgeline of the mountain.
The route that begins in Miike is a popular way to enjoy a tranquil alpine trip since it gives climbers a chance to follow a graceful mountain ridgeline while gazing out at the Okutadami area and the Taisaku mountain range.
“cafeteria Miyamae” is also nearby.
- Municipality: Hinoemata Village
- Parking: Avilable
- Contents of the facilities: Rental blanket, Bungalow, Toilet, Souvenior shop, Firewood
- Number of accommodation: 50 people capacity.
- Admission fee: 500 for adult. Yen 500 and more per a car. Bungalow Yen 2000 for adult.
- Location: Kirinte, Hinoemata-mura (Hinoemata Village), Minamiaizu District (Minamiaizu-gun), Fukushima Prefecture (Fukushima-ken) 967-0500 Japan [Geo Coordinate: 37.001705999999999,139.363619]
- Utilizable season: May to October
- Access: 1 hour 40 minutes by bus from Aizu Kinugawa Line Aizu-Kougen Station to Kirinte stop.
- Reference: Bungalow Kirinte Oze Camping Ground Tel: 0241-75-2420, 0241-75-2308