Located within the Alts Bandai Ski Area, this onsen is in a serene environment at the foot of Mt. Bandai. Thanks to its hilltop location, you can enjoy a panoramic view of Lake Inawashiro from the bath. Mt. Bandai Onsen (hot springs spa) – “Oruri-no-yu” is a natural hot springs and open-air bath use water drawn from a thermal spring at the foot of the famous Mt. Bandai.
Alpha Resort Tomamu and Alts Bandai are two Japanese ski resorts that may well be separated by a large distance – one is in central Hokkaido and the other is in Fukushima Prefecture – but they share the same company behind them and the same vision to make them complete resorts that are suitable to families as well as skiers and snowboarders and attract more visitors from overseas as well as the local domestic market.
Alts Bandai is particularly popular amongst snowboarders, Alts Bandai is home to world class snowboard competitions twice a year. However, from novice to pro, Alts Bandai has a slope for you. Expansive area to play in the snow. Includes areas for banana boating, tubing, sledding, and playing in the snow. These areas are off-limits for skiing and snowboarding so you can enjoy the snow to your heart’s content. SCourses exclusively for cross-country skiing.
Both Tomamu & Alts are amongst the biggest ski resorts in their respective regions. They are also both operated by Hoshino Resort Group, a growing hotel and resorts company in Japan. For both of the resorts, the aim is to develop them to be appealing not only to skiers and snowboarders, but also to make them a great place for families with small children to enjoy the snow at the same time.
Hours: 10:00-21:00 in summer (10:00-8:00 the next morning in winter). (Closed on Mondays during the summer season.)
Bathing fees: Adults: Yen 1,500; Children: Yen 700. Private resting rooms, a karaoke room, massage room, and a restaurant are available.
- Municipality: Bandai Town
- Parking: 60 cars (large size is available)
- Character of Spa: Hot Spring Ski Resort
- Kind of hot spring: Sodium Chloride
- Effects: Neuralgia, Incised wound, Bum, Skin problems, Muscular pain, Indigestion, Hemorrhoids.
- Season: Mid December to Early April
- Number of courses: 29 (35% Beginner, 40% Intermediate, 25% Advanced)
- Number of lifts: 13
- Longest course: 3.3km
- Other info: Ski Park, Halfpipe, Night Skiing, Ski School, Gear Rental, Kids Facilities, Burton Learn to Ride School (English and Japanese)
- Location: Aza Shimizudaira 6838-68, Ooaza Sarashina, Bandai Town (Bandai-machi), Bamdai-san Gold Line, Yama District (Yama-gun), Fukushima Prefecture 969-3302, Japan. [Latitude: 37.580501, Longitude: 140.02764]
- Access: 10 minute drive from JR Banetsu West Line Bandaimachi Station. 15 minute drive from Banetsu Expressway Bandai-Kawahigashi IC.
Bandai Shimizudaira Onsen (hot springs spa) – “Spa Alts Oruri”:
TEL (0242)73-5300, FAX (0242)73-5301, Website: http://www.bandaisan.co.jp/ory/
Alts Snow Park & Resort: 6838-68 Shimizudaira, Sarashina, Bandai-Machi, Yama-Gun, Fukushima-Ken 969-3396 Alts Snow Park & Resort (Phone +81-242-74-5000) Mt. Bandai Hot Springs Hotel (Phone +81-242-74-5111 )
Alts Snow Park & Resort website: http://www.alts.co.jp/english/index.html
Alts Bandai Ski Area website: http://www.bandaisan.or.jp/e-bandaisan/English/web-content/10.ski/ski%20…
Tomamu Alpha Resort: http://www.snowtomamu.jp/english/