The Coastal Community House Camping Ground is located within the Matsukawa-ura Natural Prefectural Park. Matsu-kawa-Ura is a bay that lies at the mouths of the Uda and Koizumi Rivers on the northern Fukushima Coast and the sight of many islands in the lake and pine trees is beautiful and it is also called “Komatsushima”. The coast has the best view in Souma, and islands and rocks of various sizes give the area a different name: Ko-matsujima. The view is one of the best in Japan and the area is designated as a prefectural natural park.
A long sand bank extends northward from the beach to separate the bay from the open sea. In spring, many people throng to Matsukawa-Ura for shell gathering. The bay is also known for its seaweed cultivation.
Matsukawa-ura Coast has one of the best 100 views in Japan, and shellfish gathering in spring and sea bathing in summer are among the popular visitor attractions there. The area also has historic ambience, being well-known for the Souma Noma-oi Festival which demonstrates various battle tactics on horseback. Such scenes appear on the war picture scrolls made 1000 years ago. Visitors can also enjoy the scenic beauty of Matsukawa-ura Coast, Yonomori Park (which has a tunnel of cherry blossom trees), namie yakisoba (fried noodles), sea fishing, and more. Visitors can enjoy the spot throughout the year along with its farms of seaweed (laver) and clams.
- Municipality: Soma City
- Parking: 50 cars
- Contents of the facilities: Gymnasium, Athletic field
- Number of accommodation: 120 people capacity.
- Admission fee: Loundromat Yen 50 (including lodging fee) [Pl. Call for current price]
- Camping Ground: Osu 38-3, Isobe, Soma-shi (Soma City), Fukushima-ken (Fukushima Prefecture) 979-2501, Japan [Latitude: 37.781205000000007, Longitude: 140.983115]
- Matsukawa-ura Coast: 1-16 Minatomachi, Obama, Soma-shi (Soma City), Fukushima-ken (Fukushima Prefecture) 976-0022, Japan [Latitude: 37.822684, Longitude: 140.969439]
- Utilizable season: May 1st to November 7th
- Access: Bus from JR Joban Line Soma Station to Funadomari stop. Matsukawa-ura Coast takes 10 minutes from Soma Station.
- Fukushima Prefecture “Kaihin-Seinen-no-Ie” Coastal Community House Camping Ground TEL: (0244)33-5224
- Matsukawa-ura Tourist Information Tel: +81 244-36-3171
Details English Info: http://www.pref.fukushima.jp/kanko/kokusai/panf/13soso-en.pdf