Three-storied aquarium concentrating on five different aquatic regions including Japanese, Australian, and Antarctic oceans. Also features one of the largest pools in the world for animal performances. In the south side of the building, you can learn about many creatures in different environments and oceans around the world such as “marine life around Japan,” “the deep sea,” “tropical marine life,” “Australia,” and “the Antarctic.” In the north side of the building, you can see how large marine mammals have evolved. If you visit the main pool, you can enjoy a dynamic animal performance.
Nagoya Sea Port has a huge aquarium, Nagoya Sea Train Land amusement park, various shops and a shopping mall called JETTY. At the “Jetty”, you can enjoy various dishes and shopping for fancy goods. Next to the aquarium is a theme park called Sea Train Land.
Details Feature of Port of Nagoya Public Aquarium:
- Marine Life around Japan: At this tank, guests can encounter friendly bottle-nose dolphins.
- Under the Northern Lights (Beluga): Watch the elegant movements of beluga whales and listen to their entrancing songs.
- The Diverse World of Whales
- Underwater Viewing: View orcas and dolphins underwater.
- Main Pool: Guests can enjoy the dynamic movements of various marine
- Discovery Room
- Museum Shop
- Orca Exhibit
- Shiokaza Plaza: This open lawn area offers a panoramic vista of the Port of Nagoya. Feel the sea breeze while you go for a stroll or enjoy a leisurely lunch.
- Marine Life around Japan — Kuroshio Tank: Here, guests can get a glimpse of the wide array of creatures that inhabit the waters around Japan
- Deep Sea Gallery: Discover the quirky shapes and unique ecology of the deep sea.
- Tropical Marine Life 1 — Coral Reef Tank: Here, the beautiful, unique creatures of the sea delight visitors.
- Tropical Marine Life 2
- Tropical Marine Life 3: A loggerhead sea turtle swims leisurely around the sea turtle migration tank.
- Australian Freshwater Life: Encounter rare creatures that help tell the story of continental drift.
- Antarctic Marine Life — Penguin Encounter: This penguin tank is a recreation of the Antarctic environment
- Penguin Learning Area
- IMAX Theater: IMAX Theater invites you to the exciting ocean world.
- Sea Gallery
- Touch Tank
- Information Room
- Museum Shop: This shop sells a wide variety of marine goods related to fish and the sea, including original goods produced by Port of Nagoya Public Aquarium.
- Restaurant Arribada: At this full-service restaurant, you can watch colorful tropical fish while you enjoy your lunch or dinner. The menu includes a variety of dishes, including both Japanese and European cuisine as well as pasta and curry.
- Cafeteria Tortoise: This is a casual dining area. Seats overlooking the Fuji, an Antarctic research vessel, and the sea turtle tank are available.
- Penguin Exhibit: These replicas are faithful recreations of real orcas and emperor penguins. Feel free to commemorate your trip to the Aquarium by taking pictures with family, your date, or fellow group members (mounted photos: ¥1,000 each). Staff members will also take pictures for you with your camera free of charge.
- Chelonian Research Institute: This research and breeding facility is the first of its kind in Japan to be built as part of a public aquarium.
Open: 9:30-17:00 (Apr.1-Jul.20 & Sep.1-Nov.30 until 17:30, Jul.21~Aug.31 until 20:00) Closed: Mon. & Dec.29~Jan.1
Entry Fee: Adult and High-School Student: ¥2,000 Elementary & Junior High-School Student: ¥1000
Child (age 4 or older): ¥500
Location and Contact:
Port of Nagoya Public Aquarium
Nagoya Port Foundation 1-3 Minato-machi, Minato Ward (Minato-ku), Nagoya City (Nagoya-shi), Aichi Prefecture (Aichi-ken) 455-0033, Japan [Geo Coordinate: 35.090688,136.878243] Tel: 052-654-7080 FAX：052-654-7001
Port of Nagoya Public Aquarium Website: http://www.nagoyaaqua.jp/aqua/othe/engl/index.html
Nagoya Port Authority: http://www.port-of-nagoya.jp/
Nagoya Port Guide: http://www.apec.aichi-c.ed.jp/shoko/kyouka/things-eng/pdf/10-port.pdf