Outline of Facilities
- Display Room #1: Universe, earth, living things, substances, energy, playground
- Display Room #2: Communications, electronics, traffics, robots amusement park
- Hall: Special display stand; solar yoyo, guided robots and glittering trees generated by solar batteries
- Theater: 3D movies, multi-slide (133 seats)
- Practical Room: Metalwork, woodwork
- Study Room: Scientific books (approximately 350 books)
- Astrodome: Sunspot
- Adventurer Square: Playground for children to climb, to jump, to skip, to bump on each other and to spare energy with their own ideas
Nagano City Youth Science Museum (in Joyama Park) Open Hours: 9:00am – 4:30pm (you must enter before 4:00pm) Holidays: Every Monday (replace by Tuesday if Monday is a public holiday), days after National Holidays, the 3rd Friday of every month, Year-end holiday (Dec 29th – Jan 3rd) Address: 2-4-5 Uematsu, Nagano, Nagano Prefecture 380-0802, Japan Tel: 026-232-7383 Fax: 026-232-7383
Nagano Prefectural Shinano Art Museum (Higashiyama Kaii Gallery)
Shinano Art Museum (Higashiyama Kaii Gallery) is located in Joyama Park adjacent to Zenkoji Temple. The collection of this art museum is the works of local artists and landscape paintings depicting the beautiful scenery of Shinshu, Hometown writer’s Painting, Higashiyama Kai Gallery, etc. Address: 1-4-4 Hakoshimizu (East of Zenkoji Temple), Nagano City, Nagano Prefecture 380-0801, Japan Hours: 9:00 – 17:00 (admission by 16:30), Closed on Wednesday. Tel: 026-232-0052 Fax: 026-232-0050
Nagano Dentetsu: Approximately 15 minutes ride from Nagano Station and get down at the stop of “Doubutsuen” (Zoo)
Kawanakajima: Approximately 20 minutes ride from Nagano Station and get down at the stop of “Koen Mae” (in front of the park)
Approximately 10 minutes ride from Nagano Station.
Joshin’etsu Expressway to Nagano I.C. or Suzaka Nagano-higashi I.C., toward Central Nagano, Zenkoji Temple and Higashiyama Kaii-kan. (Free Parking lot is available around the museum building).