Serving as an exchange base for the highest quality of music, culture, industry, and technology attainable, ACT City provides a wide array of amenities including function halls, a first-class hotel, the Exhibition Event Center, the Congress Center, and the Musical Instrument Museum. As an international city, Hamamatsu will dispatch masses of information to the world.
This new symbol of Hamamatsu was completed in the autumn of 1994. The center of the cultural complex is the Act tower, the highest building (212 meters) in the Tokai area. From the top floor of the Act tower, you can have not only a fine view of Hamamatsu city and Lake hamana, but of the South Japan Alps, Mt. Fuji, and the entire Enshu Coast as well. At night, you can also enjoy a superb jewelry view of Hamamatsu. On the roof of the music halls is a garden full of green, a perfect spot for walking.
Long prospering economically as well as in cultural exchange as a point of contact between east and west, Hamamatsus development base includes the three main industries of textiles, musical instruments, and modes of transportation. In this area there are, to name a few, the world famous Yamaha, Kawai, Honda, and Suzuki enterprises producing musical instruments, automobiles and motorbikes. In recent years ultra-modern photon-electron technology-intensive industries have also been developing in this city.
Currently Hamamatsu, developed as a peoples city with strong accord between culture and industry, is creating the future through such operations as: ACT City, the Hamamatsu Area Technopolis, the Intelland Hamanako, and the Music City. “Convention City Hamamatsu” welcomes people from the world over.
- With its triangular configuration of halls/ exhibition space/hotel, ACT City offers all the necessary requisites for the ideal convention space.
- This is the first comprehensive convention facility in Japan to be positioned in direct proximity to the Shinkansen Line. Hamamatsu, located halfway between Tokyo/Yokohama and the Kyoto/Osaka/Kobe region, welcomes visitors from all over the world.
- Surrounded by the ocean, lakes, and mountains, Hamamatsu offers a variety of attractive ways to relax following a convention, such as marine sports and golf.
- A large number of diverse events are held at ACT City, including the Chopin Festival, the Music City Hamamatsu International Piano Competition, and the International Congress of the World Association for Symphonic Bands and Ensembles, thus filling the city with music and culture.
- There are various outdoor public spaces, including the Sunken Plaza, Music Square, Chopin Hill, Recreation Square, and the Sun Square.
Figure: act city main hall, act city exhibition and event hall
- A multi-function hall with 2336 seats, Japan’s first quadruple stage and four booths equipped for simultaneous interpretation.
- Designed especially for music events and equipped with ptimum acoustic design for classical music and pipe organ lend elegance to conference functions.
- Designed to accommodate various types of sample fairs and exhibitions; maximum seating capacity of 5,300 and generous space of 100m×53m.
- Contains a total of 13 rooms, with seating capacity for approximately 2,000 people.
- One of the most famous hotel chains in Japan. Okura Act City Hotel Hamamatsu, the “Masters of the Arts of Service and hospitality”, maintains a policy based on Hotel Okura’s heritage, the best A.C.S.(Accommodation, Cuisine & Service). Well-facilitated with 324 rooms all overlooking the panoramic view of the city, diverse variety of restaurants of fine cuisine, cozy bars and Sky Lounge for those ‘quiet moments’, function rooms catering for all kinds of occasions, Health Club for relaxation and Business Center providing fully for every business need. Okura Act City Hotel Hamamatsu aims always at giving its guests TOTAL SATISFACTION in comfort, care, cuisine and service.
- Number of guest rooms
- Single 77
- Twin 206
- Double 34
- Suite 7
- Total 324 rooms
All rooms with private bath
Address and Contact
Okura Act City Hotel Hamamatsu 111-2 Itaya-machi, Naka Ward (Naka-ku), Hamamatsu City (Hamamatsu-shi), Shizuoka Prefecture 430-7790 JAPAN Tel: 81(53)459-0111 Fax: 81(53)458-3374
- The only public museum of its kind in Japan, historical musical instruments are on display here. More Details: Hamamatsu City Museum of Musical Instruments
- The observation deck on the 45th floor of the Act Tower stands 185 meters above the ground and offers one of the best views in the Tokai district. Visitors can enjoy the breathtaking view of the entire urban area, the Enshu Coast in the south, the Southern Alps in the north, and on a clear day, Mt Fuji!Contact:
ACT Tower Observation Gallery Tel: 053-451-1111 (Okura Act City Hotel Hamamatsu) Entrance: Adults (jr. high school students and older) ¥500, elementary school students ¥300 Holiday: Saturdays & Sundays
Hour: 10:00-18:00 (last admission -17:00)
Address and Contact
ACT City Hamamatsu 111-1 Itaya-machi, Naka Ward (Naka-ku), Hamamatsu City (Hamamatsu-shi), Shizuoka Prefecture (Shizuoka-ken) 430-7790 JAPAN Access: Three-minute walk from Hamamatsu Station on the JR Bullet Train (Shinkansen) Line. By bus or train from Mt.Fuji Shizuoka Airport to Shinkansen 41 minutes, Local train 57 minutes. Mt.Fuji Shizuoka Airport – (Bus 30 minutes) – Kakegawa Station – (Shinkansen 11 minutes, Local train 27 minutes) – Hamamatsu Station. 20 minutes by car from Hamamatsu or Hamamatsu West interchange of the Tomei Highway . Tel: 053-451-1111 Fax: 053-451-1123